IE6: Cookies/Cache broken?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Annorax

I'm running Windows 2000 w/SP4, IE6 with all the latest updates.

For a long time now, IE6's cache has been broken and for the life of me I cannot figure out what happened. The symptoms are that no passwords or other login info is saved between sessions.

Under the General ->Temporary Internet files -> Settings, the amount of disk space used is 0mb and no matter where I move the slider, it remains at 0mb. I go to 'View Files' and there's nothing there.

I've tried moving the temporary internet folder and it always tells me there won't be enough space. I even tried my other drive with 158 gigs free and it won't let me do it.

Does anyone have any thoughts? I know what I'm doing around computers, but no matter what I've tried, nothing works and I've never seen this issue before.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online