IE6 double loads

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

wrinklysteve

I have a Win XP, IE6 PC with a strange IE problem. Whether or not connected to the Internet, if I run IE and enter the IRL (or from bookmark) a site and immediately another IE6 loads. Windows task manager shows two IEs running but control jumps from one to the other so closing them needs fast reflexes on the mouse. When one is closed another will load if I'm not quick enough.
I have swept for malware (eliminated dialer,BT.c which was hiding in Restore files) and for viruses, nothing found.
Firefox works OK. Can anyone throw any light on this please? Norton was previously protecting the PC but I don't know what was in operation when the problem started.

wrinklysteve

Well well. I thought someone might have come up with something. I have gone through procedures both to repair and to reinstall IE6 but the problem persists. Any suggestions, short of a complete reinstall of Windows, with be gratefully received and considered.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online