1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

IE6 double loads

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by wrinklysteve, Jul 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wrinklysteve

wrinklysteve Thread Starter

I have a Win XP, IE6 PC with a strange IE problem. Whether or not connected to the Internet, if I run IE and enter the IRL (or from bookmark) a site and immediately another IE6 loads. Windows task manager shows two IEs running but control jumps from one to the other so closing them needs fast reflexes on the mouse. When one is closed another will load if I'm not quick enough.
    I have swept for malware (eliminated dialer,BT.c which was hiding in Restore files) and for viruses, nothing found.
    Firefox works OK. Can anyone throw any light on this please? Norton was previously protecting the PC but I don't know what was in operation when the problem started.

2. wrinklysteve

wrinklysteve Thread Starter

Well well. I thought someone might have come up with something. I have gone through procedures both to repair and to reinstall IE6 but the problem persists. Any suggestions, short of a complete reinstall of Windows, with be gratefully received and considered.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/594625

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice