1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

IE6 Full Install

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by ptvGuy, Apr 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ptvGuy

ptvGuy Thread Starter

Does anyone happen to know how to install Internet Explorer 6 sp1 on a computer with no internet connection? I've already used the command line below

"ie6setup.exe" /c:"ie6wzd.exe /d /s:""#E"

to download the full version, burn it to CD, and take it home. However, when I take it to the Windows 2000 machine I need to put it on, I can't figure out how to install it. Running the "ie6setup" command from the same directory where all the downloaded program files are located just makes it try to connect to the Internet again for the download. Is there a command line switch or what? Thanks.

-->ptvGuy

2. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    No help in business apps, so I moved it to the correct forum, ptvGuy. Good luck!

3. jwbirdsong

jwbirdsong

ptvguy
    try this on for size----->"C:\Windows Update Setup
    Files\ie6setup.exe" /c:"ie6wzd.exe /d /s:""#E"...changing "C:\windows update setup file" to your download location.

I'd also advise to use the "custom" install option to pick wha t is installed; just to make sure it's not tryting to install something that wasn't downloaded..WMP (which is an option on IE6 setup) etc..

4. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

Did you download all versions. What OS did you download IE6 on.

The following is an explanation of the command line switches used:

/d - Downloads Internet Explorer for the current platform only. However, if you would like to download all platforms, you can use the /d:1 switch value to get all platforms. There are only two values for this switch, /d and /d:1.

5. jwbirdsong

jwbirdsong

LwdSquashman
    Good point

6. pgoodma

pgoodma

I had a similar problem. Either find a CD for AOL or some other internet service that has a full install on it (about 50-60 MB) or find someone who goes to a University. They usually have acces to full install files through the University eithe on the Internet, or on cd...

7. ptvGuy

ptvGuy Thread Starter

Sorry, I went out of town.
    Anyway, I've already done the download for Windows 98 SE and Windows 2000. Those are the two computers I have (without Internet access) that I want to put IE6 onto. However, after downloading the whole thing, I put it all on a CD, took it to the computers, and I can't get it to install without trying to download again even though everything is right there. Should I leave the "/d" switch out, or what is the actual "ie6setup" command line I should use to just install it?

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/224055

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice