ie6 problems

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

batlleaxe

When I try to open certain programs such as Microsoft Support I get the message that explorer has performed an illegal operation and will shut down. This is what it says under details:
Explorer caused an invalid page fault in module ftapp.dll at 017f.100057e7.

I cannot get into Microsoft Support to look for this error. I have looked at other questions and can get into Microsoft support by clicking on the pages you have told others to go to. I have tried unchecking taskmonitor at startup and this does not help. I have ran virus scan and nothing shows up. Would appreciate ay help I can get. Thanks

Hi batlleaxe,Tony's right,it a advertising trojan,in other words,spyware.Might be a good idea to download a program called Ad-Aware 5.6.This will let you know if you have anymore spyware on your system.

http://www.lavasoftusa.com

Should you find a program in your add and remove programs,called newdotnet,or web3000,dont try and remove them.You will likely lose internet access if you do.

Let us know what you have before deleteing anything.

batlleaxe

Thanks to all that helped with my ie problem. I did find a Trojan virus after using another virus program. I also downloaded ad-aware. Thanks again for all your help.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online