1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

IE6 settings issues......??

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by tammy3me, Feb 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tammy3me

tammy3me Thread Starter

I have been having some problems lately w/my IE6 and MSN Explorer. Couldn't access some MSN pages, couldn't add addresses in my contacts on MSN hotmail, etc. Was getting the little exclamation sign in a yellow sign at the bottom of my browser, some kind of browser error. Well, I read a few threads in here and went to my browser options and changed my security settings to low on everything and it seems to work ok now. I am, however, concerned w/the security being so low now. I had run Spybot about 2 weeks ago and was absolutely floored at all the spyware on my computer. I thought I had cleaned it all up but I just downloaded Hijack this and I already have quite a bit more that needed to be cleaned out. I am at a loss as to what to do to keep this stuff off my computer and still be able to access everything. I blame Microsoft, I think they changed a bunch of stuff on their site to make it harder for us who use the free web stuff instead of MSN 8 but I'm probably being paranoid--LOL!! Any insight would be greatly appreciated, and thank you.....I love this site....learning so much! PS.. I did do repair on IE6 SP1.:confused:

2. Del

Del

Sometimes in IE6 you can just lower thePrivacy settings a notch or two and fix problems concerning 2nd and 3rd party cookies but normally I leave the rest of the setting alone.
    I this what you did or did you lower other security settings as well??

3. tammy3me

tammy3me Thread Starter

Sorry, I have this same posting somewhere else, because I posted it in the wrong forum(me dumb:rolleyes: ). I went into Security in IE6 and changed my internet, local intranet, trusted and restricted sites and changed them all to low so as to allow all the cookies. I do have NAV installed and running at all times.

4. Del

Del

I would set your security settings back to default and just try it with the Privacy setting low.

5. tammy3me

tammy3me Thread Starter

Thank You---have done so, we'll see how it works--thanx a bunch:D

6. Del

Del

Don't mention it, have a great day.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/118775

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice