1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

IE6 vs IE7

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by cindiesue, Oct 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cindiesue

cindiesue Thread Starter

I was happy using IE 6. I learned about IE 7 and I upgraded. It was wonderful!! I multitask and it was terrific. But it bogged down my computer so badly I thought I had a virus. I called tech support for Sony and they told me to go to back 6 and all my problems would be solved. I did and it did. One day I get my newsletter from MS and I hit a button that scanned my computer and showed me the upgrades my computer needed. I hit a button, and realized it was for 7 - again. I hit cancel during the setup and it stopped. But now my computer is slower then before. I look in the 'about' and it says IE6. What should I do?

Are their known problem with 7. I loved it. Should I go back to it? and do I need to reinstall 6 and how do I do that?

2. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

Well not knowing about your computer since there are no specs on it makes it a bit difficult to give a good answer, but since you canceled the upgrade installation during download that might have something to do with it.

Could you please post some system specs on the computer it would be a great help?

3. Evil_Eyes

Evil_Eyes

try uninstalling IE 6 and reinstall it again if you are so fond of it!:) Or u can just uninstall it and install firefox...has the same things as IE 7( ot i might say the IE 7 has the same things as firefox) and it is not haver for the computer!

4. cindiesue

cindiesue Thread Starter

XP 2002 SP2 Pentium 4 , 512 mb ram
    I wuld love to use the 7 again. Any positive comments?

5. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

OK Try doing a system restore to before this last attempt by windows update to update to IE7...

6. cindiesue

cindiesue Thread Starter

Any more good vibes for Firebox vs IE7?

7. zabusant

zabusant

BTW, Fire(f)ox, and yes, I recommend it (much more lightweight than IE7)

8. Evil_Eyes

Evil_Eyes

My opinion is that firefox i better than ie7 !:)

9. cindiesue

cindiesue Thread Starter

If Firefox is more lightweight, does it have the bells and whistles that 7 has?

10. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Jay
  11. Billy the Adult

Billy the Adult

Another reason IE7 might be running slow is if you have the phishing filter turned on (it is by default). This checks web sites to make sure they are legit before displaying them. Try turning off the phishing filter and see if it runs faster.

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/646096

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice