IE6 will not let me list a default e-mail program

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jeh1856

I can not get IE6 to let me list a default e-mail program under tools/internet options/programs/e-mail. Nothing shows up as an option. When I click an e-mail link in a web page, either one of 2 things happens. It tells me that it could not send the e-mail, or it opens up 67 more copies of IE on my screen. I am using Outlook Express as my e-mail program. Thank you.

In Outlook Express, go to Tools > Options > General.

Somewhere at the bottom you will see an button called "Make Default". This will set OE as your default mail program. :)

jeh1856

AbvAvgUser said:
In Outlook Express, go to Tools > Options > General.

Somewhere at the bottom you will see an button called "Make Default". This will set OE as your default mail program. :)

Maybe this is part of the problem. Each time I do that, it looks ok. Then if I go back into Outlook Express, it has already switched back to "Not" the default....

Go to Start | Run
Type in or copy in the following:

"c:\program files\outlook express\msimn.exe" /reg

including quotation marks

Click OK

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online