Ie6

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

VZehms

On updating to IE6, my favorites folder decided to reflect my C drive. I had to copy the favorites folder into my C drive in order to retrieve any folders or sites.

I am using ME and have no problems. I have not had any of the problems that others have posted on the web.

I've checked everything from the registry to whatewver.

Vern

Hey Vern. I may be lost here, but What is the question you are asking here? I couldn't quite figure out what you are needing....

if you mean your favorites folder got moved or IE6 got disorientated, then you can go to internet properties>general tab>settings and move the folder to c:\favorites>then restart.

if that's what you mean.

Not quite sure what is up with that. You could start>run>msinfo32>tools>internet explorer repair tool.

Then you can repair IE6. If that doesn't work, you should be able to restore your pevious version of IE5.xx. NOt sure if that will fix the problem.

A rule of thumb. Before you updated to IE6, you should have exported your entire registry to a file so if the IE6 instalation messed up and you could not fix it, then you just import that saved registry and it would fix your problems.

Whenever I format a hard drive and install Windows; after updating everything, I save my registry so I can always go back to the beginning without reinstalling. It definitely works.

But since the damage is already done, try the IE repair tool.

If that doesn't work, you may have to save your favorites in another folder and then go to dos and deltree the favorities folder. The one in windows and the one in c:\. Then once you get back to windows, windows will create a new favorites folder. I have done it before for security reasons, so it is ok to deltree you favorites folder. However that still might not fix your problem.

It wouldn't hurt to clean out any temp files and tif files, cookies, history, autocomplete.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online