1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Ie6

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by kiwibird, Jan 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kiwibird

kiwibird Thread Starter

I run IE6 and have a browsing question. When I am in a webpage and click a link, it opens in a new window which is fine but the window opens minimized and I have to right click it and select maximize for it to open. This never used to happen and I am not sure why it is happening now. I have looked but cannot see where I can change this. Can anyone help please. Thankyou:confused:

2. Signature

Signature

<font face="comic sans ms" color="#577ac6">Hi kiwibird. :)

Don't use Maximize at all.
    Maximize isn't permanent.

When the Minimized browser window opens, after you click a link, place your cursor on the edges of it, then click and drag the Window to a larger size until it fills the screen.
    The next link you click should open a browser window of the same larger, if not actually Maximized, size.
    This larger size should uphold for all subsequently opened browser windows.

If not, sometimes you have to close the first browser window that was opened, before you resize the second browser window that opened when you clicked a link.
    Then, after resizing the second browser window, close it too.</font>

3. jbcalg

jbcalg

LOL
    but it's nice while it lasts ;)

*did i just type that?*

4. Signature

Signature

<font face="comic sans ms" color="#577ac6">LoL! :p

*Yes, you did jb.* ;)</font>

5. kiwibird

kiwibird Thread Starter

Thanks for your replies. I have tried what was suggested but nothing happens. If I click on the link when it is sitting on my task bar a tiny box sort of pops up to the left but does not show anywhere. I have tried clicking on the link to resize but nothing happens. The only way I can get it open is to right click and maximize.......

6. Signature

Signature

<font face="comic sans ms" color="#577ac6">After you right-click and select to Maximize the window, what happens if you click the Restore button way up at the top right-hand corner of the window?
    Do you get a tiny box again?</font>

7. kiwibird

kiwibird Thread Starter

Yes I do....

8. Signature

Signature

<font face="comic sans ms" color="#577ac6">That's the very smallest size that a window can get to be. :)
    What you have to do is hover your mouse on the edges of that tiny box, until your pointer shows a double-sided arrow, something like this: </font><--->
    <font face="comic sans ms" color="#577ac6">(This might take a little practice and a little patience.)
    Once you see the double-sided arrow, hold down the left mouse button, and drag the window to a larger size.
    You can keep doing this on all edges of the window, until you get the window to a size that suits you.</font>

9. kiwibird

kiwibird Thread Starter

Yes that worked, thank you so much, this has been driving me nuts for a while now but I did not know how to fix it. Thank you for your help it is much appreciated. Have a nice evening (or whatever your time is) in Florida.

10. Signature

Signature

<font face="comic sans ms" color="#577ac6">Very good. :)
    I'm happy to have helped, kiwibird.

P.S. It's about 2:30 AM here in Florida.
    A nice, quiet, peaceful time of night. ;)</font>

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/66998

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice