1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

IE6SP1 Cookies

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Deke40, Jan 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Deke40

Deke40 Thread Starter

I recently started using IE6Sp1 and noticed they have a "Privacy" tab on the internet options. I use to go in to Security and set my cookies. What would be a normal setting for the setting in Privacy? It is now on medium.

2. steamwiz

steamwiz

Deke

I suppose everyone will have their own opinion on this, but I have always had mine set to "medium high" and I've never had any problems.

steam

3. Deke40

Deke40 Thread Starter

Thanks. I think I will leave mine there.

I have only had one problem and that was today. I joined another forum and I have their cookie stored in my preferred cookies in a .txt file. I wipe my cookies about once a week. I can click my icon for that forum and it will take me there an show me logged in. But if I get a notification in email of a reply and click on that url it takes me to a window and show me not logged on. Just a minor problem that I am trying to rectify. I use to be able to add sites a lot easier in IE5.

4. SexyTech

SexyTech

One IMPORTANT thing to remember tho.....

When you set the Privacy med ot up, you can basically forget about getting into secure sites...such as banking etc.

I set mine to "Accept All Cookies" because Micro$oft is trying to change the way that cookies are written and handled.

I guess they want the Web Surfing Public...And web developers to bend to the mighty Micro$oft!

5. Del

Del

I use Low and let my AV software earn it's pay. That way, I never have a problem accessing any sites.

6. joe2cool

joe2cool

Same here at moment Del ! :)

:cool:

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/114954

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice