1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

IE7-8 keeps crashing / FF takes forever to load

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by private_di, Jan 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. private_di

private_di Thread Starter

This is an incredibly weird problem that began happening in conjunction with another problem which I posted under the OS forum, but as it might be related, I'll include it below. First, the IE/FF problem...this started happening about two weeks ago, IEv7 would constantly crash -- didn't happen consistently on any one page, it would crash when I went to Yahoo and clicked on 'mail', it would crash when I went to eBay and tried to do a search...so I'd launch Firefox...that would take a whole five minutes to load! So I tried updating IE to v8...problem has not gone away. I haven't installed anything these past few weeks other than the usual Windows updates. I am running Vista Home Premium with SP1 which came installed on my Toshiba Satellite. (And just now, when I went to upload the pics below, my FTP program took about five minutes to load, another odd symptom.)

Here's the OS problem: when I hit Start > Programs > and the list of installed programs comes up, sometimes my mouse hovers over a program and gets the little 'description' window...well, that window won't go away. (This usually happens when IE has crashed and I attempt to launch FF as stated above). Here are some pics of this happening this morning (note the "Location: Acrobat.com" window):

[​IMG]

...and that window stays on top of everything:

[​IMG]

I finally figured out to get rid of it I need to hit Start > Programs and hover over that same program, then it goes away...but why is this happening?

Any advice would be most graciously appreciated!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!