1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

IE7, Firefox, Opera..... whats your fav? POLL!

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by paulb100, Nov 6, 2007.

?

Favourite Browsers

1. Firefox

21 vote(s)
    72.4%
  2. Internet Explorer

3 vote(s)
    10.3%
  3. Opera

5 vote(s)
    17.2%
  4. Safari

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Other...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. paulb100

paulb100 Thread Starter

Hi all,

In response to my earlier thread about the Firefox Myths section of optimize XP website..

whats your fav browser?

2. TOGG

TOGG

I think this has been done before, but perhaps it wasn't here (the memory doesn't improve with age!).

I voted Opera because it works 'out of the box' and I don't want to fiddle with lots of extensions and addons, however useful, (particularly when they can stop working when the main browser is updated).

I do have Firefox as well with the NoScript and IE Tab extensions (so that I can get Windows Updates without using IE).

3. paulb100

paulb100 Thread Starter

the only things i dont like about Fox is the more you add onto it the longer it takes to load...
    I also prefer IE full-screen mode to Ffox's... (Fox leaves some of the navigation bar revealed..IE completely removes it all)

other than that I only use IE for Active X...

Im yet to test them both and post results here

4. Blackmirror

Blackmirror

Im an Intenet Explorer user

dont ask me why:)

5. mtdriver

mtdriver

Opera for me as it is so quick and easy to use and is always usefull as a backup when IE goes wrong.

IE 7 next as it has improved over previous versions but still needs a lot of work on it

6. Gizzy

Gizzy

I voted opera it has alot of features it's fast and it's secure,
    Though I also have and use Firefox, Avant, IE7, Maxthon, Safari, AOL Explorer, and K-meleon.

7. throoper

throoper Trusted Advisor (deceased)

I voted Firefox. To take care of the full-screen, hide the navigation bar. When you hit F11 you'll have nothing but the web page. Navigate with the keyboard.
    T.

8. paulb100

paulb100 Thread Starter

whats keyboard shortcut for back and forward in foxy?

9. throoper

throoper Trusted Advisor (deceased)

Alt+Left Arrow and Alt+Right Arrow.
    T.

10. tomdkat

tomdkat Retired Trusted Advisor

I can't vote!!!! :)

I use Firefox the most (on Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X) but I also Opera, Seamonkey, and on occasion K-Meleon and Maxthon (not sure why). I like Opera's image rendering ability (it scales images far better than Firefox or IE) but Opera tends to lag when loading pages, not sure why.

K-Meleon rips and I'm not sure why I don't use it more.

Peace...

11. SweetChick

SweetChick

I like Opera as a backup when IE doesn't work right, but I hate how the Bookmarks work in Opera, anyway to make the bookmarks behave like IE? And I tried running IE 7 on another computer and don't like the layout at all, anyway to make it look like IE6? What I like about IE 6 is I can make the top toolbar into just one little bar with all the stuff I need on it, I can't seem to do that with IE 7.

12. nappymonster

nappymonster

Firefox all the way :D

13. Telstar

Telstar

I've been a big Firefox fan for years now, it's great.
    Even though it's unsupported now, I'm still using v1.5.0.12 simply because all my favorite extensions have not been updated to v2.0 yet but, I'm close to upgrading anyway.

Tried and did not like IE7...too many problems with it and I went back to IE6.

btw...I also have the Netscape Navigator v9.0.0.4 which I like a lot...it's a Mozilla product and has tabbed browsing, form filling, customizable toolbars, integrated AIM Buddy List and lots more. It also offers RSS compatibility that allows you to subscribe to RSS....

You can check it out here:
    Netscape Navigator v9.0.0.4
    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.10pre)
    Gecko/20071127 Firefox/2.0.0.10 Navigator/9.0.0.4

(y)

14. Broni

Broni

15. TOGG

TOGG

These figures presumably reflect the way in which browsers identify themselves on some sites and it would be interesting to know if there were any way to identify those browsers that were presenting themselves as IE just to fool those sites that still only work with it.

Any reference to IE as having a 'market share' actually reflects only Windows market share because no Windows user can avoid getting IE as well, nor can he/she remove it.

If Microsoft really had any confidence in IE's ability to compete on its own merits in the browser 'market' they would unbundle it so that it could be uninstalled, just like a proper browser can be. Since that would probably require a complete re-write of Windows because of the components it shares with IE, it won't be happening soon!

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/648655

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice