1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

IE7 issues (deleting favorites links, etc)

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by sgl1, Sep 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sgl1

sgl1 Thread Starter

I'm using Vista so I'm running IE7. I don't think I can go back to IE6 or run it on Vista so I use IE7.

Sure, I can use Firefox and I do have version 3 installed. I do like some of the features of
    F3 better such as being able to delete a link in favorites without it closing on me. But I'm more comfortable with IE and also many business sites I use aren't compatible with Firefox. (why, I don't know)

Anyway, IE7 has a problem with locking up on me whenever I try to delete a link. The do you want to delete www.whatever.com window pops up but I can't see it because IE freezes and won't close right away. Also another thing I notice is I used to be able to move links from the favorites bar to a folder within the favorites window but no more. I have to open organize favorites to do it now. This is annoying and time consuming.

Is there a way to repair IE or can I reinstall IE6. I'm not sure I want to upgrade to IE8. I'm sure it sucks even more.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/754561

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice