IE7 & Java conflicts??

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

soccernights

Hi all,

Wonder if you can help?? I just downloaded IE7 and now i can't see the java applet on www.soccernights.com/camtable3.htm

anyone know why? Is IE7 conflicting with Java programs or is does the applet software need re jigging?

I know this has become a problem for a majority of my website users accessing this page?

Yet it works fine if i uninstall IE7 and use IE6?

Any words of wisdom??

Cheers

Carl :confused:

Hi soccernights,

Welcome to TSG ! :)

First, make sure, you have the latest version of the Java runtime installed on your computer. Check your version on this site www.java.com
If the Java runtime is installed, then open Internet Explorer :
- click 'Tool',
- click 'Internet Options',
- select the 'Advanced' tab, a window will open
- scroll down in the pane until you reach the title 'Java (Sun)' and put a check mark near 'Use JRE 1.6.. for applets ...' then click 'Apply', close the window and restart your browser.

soccernights

Hi Chicon,

Yep had java reinstalled, checks said i had the latest version.

I did what you said went to advanced and the JRE 1.5_10 was checked...I un checked an rececked and reloaded browser but no change?

can you view the page www.soccernights.com/camtable3.htm ????

Cheers

Carl

Yes, I can view it !

Try this :

- click the 'Start' button on your desktop,
- click 'Settings',
- click 'Panel configuration', a window will open,
- double click on the 'Java' icon in the pane, a new window will open,
- select 'Advanced' tab, click on the + sign to expand the line containing the word APPLET (I've an OS in French),
- put a check mark near the appropriate browser and click 'Apply' to save the change.

soccernights

BOOO HOOOO,

Did all that and still no joy. It was all checked correctly anyway etc.

So now what?

Cheers

Carl

it seems to be the case for most visitors to my site with IE7??

I've browsed many web pages to dig out a solution with no avail : IE7 is still too young.
Temporarily, there're two solutions : either you go back to IE6 or you switch to a decent browser like Firefox.

soccernights

Hi Chicon,

Thanks for your efforts....the unfortunate thing is so many people have automatic updates and dont know any better, hopefully Microsoft can pull thier finger out and fnd something that works

I have uninstalled IE7 and gone back to 6. the only thing i can do is advise my customers to do the same.

again many thanks

Carl(y)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online