1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

IE7 Nightmares

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by mmbc_voltron, Jan 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mmbc_voltron

mmbc_voltron Thread Starter

I just updated to IE7 bad choice. None of my IE favorite shortcuts are working when you double click on them. I deleted and recreated them but still don't work. I deleted the favorite and recreated the favorite and that didn't work. I can access my Favorites if i open my default IE icon and go to favorites but not if i have a shortcut to one of my favorites.

help!

2. Yankee Rose

Yankee Rose

Hi there -

Have you tried the repair option? (Note: it is recommended that you have rebooted your system twice since upgrading before you try the repair option.)

If you have not tried repairing, then I would first do that. This is a popular method of repair:

1) From the Start menu, select Search, select All Files and Folders.

2) Select More Advanced Options and place a checkmark beside Search Hidden Files and Folders option.

3) Ensure that Search System Folders and Search Subfolders are also checked.

4) In the All or Part of the File Name box, type ie.inf

5) In the Look In drop-down menu, select C: or the letter of the hard drive that contains the Windows folder.

6) Click the Search button.

7) In the search results pane, find the ie.inf file located in Windows\Inf folder.

8) Right click the ie.inf file and click Install on the context menu.

9) Reboot the computer when the file copy process is complete.

If you would prefer to uninstall IE 7 and revert to 6, then this site is useful (and somewhat humorous):

http://engtech.wordpress.com/2006/11/17/i-hate-internet-explorer-7-uninstall-guide/

Hope that helps. :)

3. Molucky

Molucky

I do broadband support and i have had a lot of customers saying they have browsing issues with IE7. It does seem a bit of a nightmare. To be honest i would stick with IE6

4. nietsloh

nietsloh

It looks like Microsoft will let you get a copy of IE 6 off its website. And I'm sure you've heard this before, but Firefox is a wonderful browser. It does tabs much better than IE7 and there are hundreds of useful extensions you can install that turn your browser into an amazing tool.

5. Molucky

Molucky

Heard it before, but you can never hear enough of it ! Glad you got sorted :)

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/536676

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice