1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Ie7 + Panda Active Scan

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by jack213, Nov 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jack213

jack213 Thread Starter

Since I installed IE7, I can't do a Panda Active Scan.

- Is there an issue with ActiveX Controls in IE7? The option to allow them to run appears once, and after allowing, the scan fails to initialize. How do you allow periodic ActiveX Controls to run in IE7?

-Also, is it safer or worse (security-wise) to use the guest account for internet use on a standalone pc? As it's so restricted, I imagined it would be safer, but when I recently did a Belarc Adviser Audit, it highlighted the fact I had the guest account enabled.

-And a really stupid question here - how do you put the title of a post in bold lettering - stupid cos so many other people seem tyo have figured it out!!

P.S. Not sure if this is in the correct Forum, if not, maybe a kind mod might move it to security.

Thanks in advance

2. golferbob

golferbob

just did a panda scan with no problem with IE7. do you have the last java update 9 ?

3. jack213

jack213 Thread Starter

Yep, sure do.

-I also tried to do as Panda ActiveScan on a friend's laptop during the week and that failed to start as well.

-BTW, im running Xp, SP2 with AVG + ZoneAlarm (As was the laptop)

-Any other ideas?

4. golferbob

golferbob

on my xp the controls slide down from the top of the screen and ask if you want to download.

5. jack213

jack213 Thread Starter

Hey there golferbob,

I think the part of the answer was in the question. I was able to successfully run a scan from the admin account.

This still dosent explain why I couldn't do a scan on the laptop as I was in the admin account also on that.

I would be interested to know what the correct activeX settings are. Think I'd need to be in Security Forum for that. Thanks for your help golferbob.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/517438

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice