1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

IE7 Prob

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by greeneyes802, Jan 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. greeneyes802

greeneyes802 Thread Starter

Recently within the last couple days, when I open IE7, it says this page cannot connect. I have tried several other urls and nothing comes up. When i click on diagnose problem:.. this is what i get:Last diagnostic run time: 01/10/07 16:31:20 Gateway Diagnostic
    Gateway

info The following proxy configuration is being used by IE: Automatically Detect Settings:Enabled Automatic Configuration Script: Proxy Server: Proxy Bypass list:
    info Could not get proxy settings via the Automatic Proxy Configuration mechanism
    info This computer has the following default gateway entry(ies): 68.114.56.1
    info This computer has the following IP address(es): 68.114.57.209
    info The default gateway is in the same subnet as this computer
    info The default gateway entry is a valid unicast address
    info The default gateway address was resolved via ARP in 1 try(ies)
    info The default gateway was unreachable via ICMP Ping
    error Failed with error 0x8007271D: An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions.

IP Layer Diagnostic
    Corrupted IP routing table

info The default route is valid
    info The loopback route is valid
    info The local host route is valid
    info The local subnet route is valid
    Invalid ARP cache entries

action The ARP cache has been flushed

IP Configuration Diagnostic
    Invalid IP address

info Valid IP address detected: 68.114.57.209

Wireless Diagnostic
    Wireless - Service disabled

Wireless - User SSID

Wireless - First time setup

Wireless - Radio off

Wireless - Out of range

Wireless - Hardware issue

Wireless - Novice user

Wireless - Ad-hoc network

Wireless - Less preferred

Wireless - 802.1x enabled

Wireless - Configuration mismatch

Wireless - Low SNR

WinSock Diagnostic
    WinSock status

info All base service provider entries are present in the Winsock catalog.
    info The Winsock Service provider chains are valid.
    info Provider entry MSAFD Tcpip [TCP/IP] passed the loopback communication test.
    info Provider entry MSAFD Tcpip [UDP/IP] passed the loopback communication test.
    error Provider entry RSVP UDP Service Provider could not perform simple loopback communication. Error -1.
    error Provider entry RSVP TCP Service Provider could not perform simple loopback communication. Error -1.
    error A connectivity problem exists with a base winsock provider.

Network Adapter Diagnostic
    Network location detection

info Using home Internet connection
    Network adapter identification

info Network connection: Name=Local Area Connection, Device=Intel(R) PRO/100 VE Network Connection, MediaType=LAN, SubMediaType=LAN
    info Network connection: Name=1394 Connection, Device=1394 Net Adapter, MediaType=LAN, SubMediaType=1394
    info Ethernet connection selected
    Network adapter status

info Network connection status: Connected

HTTP, HTTPS, FTP Diagnostic
    HTTP, HTTPS, FTP connectivity

warn FTP (Passive): Error 12029 connecting to ftp.microsoft.com: A connection with the server could not be established
    warn HTTP: Error 12029 connecting to www.microsoft.com: A connection with the server could not be established
    warn HTTPS: Error 12029 connecting to www.microsoft.com: A connection with the server could not be established
    warn FTP (Active): Error 12029 connecting to ftp.microsoft.com: A connection with the server could not be established
    warn HTTPS: Error 12029 connecting to www.passport.net: A connection with the server could not be established
    warn HTTP: Error 12029 connecting to www.hotmail.com: A connection with the server could not be established
    error Could not make an HTTP connection.
    error Could not make an HTTPS connection.
    error Could not make an FTP connection.

I can do no downloads that require IE, and cannot update my Adaware. Please help

2. calgaryflames

calgaryflames

I am having the same problem, exactly as you described. I don't see any posts here, but were you able to find a fix that you can share with me?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!