1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

IE7 Quits Working After ~5 min - "Page Cannot Be Displayed" Error

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Nuts4pi, Jan 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nuts4pi

Nuts4pi Thread Starter

Okay, I'll try to explain this as best I can as I'm posting this for my husband. He is on a business trip in SE Asia (India, Korea, Taiwan) and while in India he picked up a virus. It's been cleared but he continues to have this problem with IE7... :confused:
    He's able to open it and do a little reading or get his email, but after about 5 minutes he only gets the "Page Cannot Be Displayed" error and is unable to open any new tabs or windows, no links work, etc. (he then has to reboot to get it back). He's cleared files (history, cookies, temp files, etc.) using Internet Options and Explore, disabled add-ons, enabled & disabled pop-ups, etc., all to no avail. He's even tried using it in safe mode but the same problems occur. He was able to download HJT which got rid of hggff.dll (Vundo?). He said he would try to email the hjt.log file tomorrow morning (tonight EST) and I will post it, if this will help to decipher the problem. Meanwhile, if anyone has a suggestion of what else to try I (and he) would greatly appreciate it!
    He is using a Dell D610 laptop running XP-Pro on a VPN (required to get his emails from work).

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/537413

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice