IE7 tabs

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

okeee

About the tabs for IE7, can they be closed by other methods except closing them all individually in the tab heading? such as, closing a specific tab with the close button in the right corner, instead of closing all tabs. I dont want to use IE8 or any other browser.

DoubleHelix

Banned
I don't get the question. Of course you can close one specific tab. There should be an X on every tab. If you're clicking the X in the far right corner of the browser, that's the X to close the browser itself.

TerryNet

Terry
I vaguely remember that there is one browser, and maybe it's IE7, in which the tab's closing "X" only appears for the active tab. And even in Firefox the "X" disappears when "too many" tabs are open. If that's the case you can probably still right click on the desired tab and select "Close tab."

okeee

What I meant was, it is not handy to look for the close button for each tab, instead of just clicking in the right corner. It would be more ergonomic if tabs close by a click at the same spot.

DoubleHelix

Banned
The X is in the same spot on each tab. There can't be an X for each tab in the same spot in the entire window. That doesn't make sense.

TerryNet

Terry
Now I'm pretty sure I can agree with DH's 1st comment: "I don't get the question."

You can close the browser; that will close all tabs.

You can (unless IE7 forgot this) right click on a tab and select "close other tabs."

Wanna try again to state your question or issue?

okeee

its a bit hard to explain. when I use tabs, I want to close only the tab that I am looking at by using the close button that is normally used to close the window (and all tabs).

other questions:
I tried chrome as well and it has some nice features, but I cant really use it.
-there is an autofill suggestions option, when you type a letter in the address box, the most used website appears. Can this be set for IE as well? because in IE there is a huge list of all websites and no autofill
- history display is set as: "1 week, 2 weeks, 3 weeks". can all those websites be put together as "1 month" instead?

TerryNet

Terry
... I want to close only the tab that I am looking at by using the close button that is normally used to close the window (and all tabs).
Ah, I think I finally understand now. Thank you for being patient with us. I think that no browser has such a feature.

Not sure, but I think that IE's auto complete (list of websites visited) is the (better in my opinion) equivalent of auto fill, and I did not find an auto fill option with a quick look around.

okeee

I noticed an add-on for IE7 ie7pro
it seems to have nice features such as autosuggest queries

-is it a useful program, any cons in using it?
-any spyware?
-how do I remove the add-on if I just want to use normal ie7?
-does using it slow down ie7?
-any other useful add-ons for ie7?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online