IE7 Window Sizing

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Chase1

Awhile back using IE7 I sized 2 browser windows to fill my monitor to perform some comparisons. When completed, I closed 1 window and maximized the remaining 1 to continue using the internet. Now I notice that any time I click on a link that prompts a new window to open the window is only 1/4 the size of my monitor. I can strech the window, max the window but after closing the secondary window and clicking the same link or even another link that prompts a new window I still get my 1/4 size window. I'm sure there's a fix but I have been unsuccessful. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

One thing you can do is have all new windows open up in a new tab within the same window you are already viewing... Would you be interested in that?

Otherwise... the only thing i can think of is to go to the shortcut you use for the internet. Right click and select properties. You'll see "Run:" and then you can choose from "Maximized, Normal, or Minimized windows"

see if that works.

Chase1, try this. Stretch the window to full screen.(Do not use the maximize button). Close all other windows, except this one. Right click taskbar, and click: Tile Windows Horizontally. Nothing should appear to happen, but it should remember the size.

moper

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online