IE7 won't play MPG / WMV

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

AlmaH

Hi!
I have a brand new pc with Vista installed. When I try to watch a video in IE7 (mpeg or wmv) it always comes up with the 'This page can not be displayed' message. Now I remember I had the same issue a long time ago with one of the beta versions but I can't remember how I fixed it. I believe it had something to do with security settings in IE7.
Who can help me??? :)

I hope someone helps you as I have exactly the same problem!! :mad:

What I did as a temporary workaround was to right click on the video and choose "save target as". :eek:

This involves downloading the video file (often large) and then clicking on the "open" tab........ the movie then happily runs on Windows Media Player. :p

I tried unchecking all the Vista Internet security settings and even customizing them to the lowest setting available and still nothing............ :eek:

Weird stuff and can't believe codecs are the problem when using Media Player 11!! :rolleyes:

Slough thru wmp options-- there'll be an option to play video in browser....

Also, Internet Options/ Advanced & Security/Custom Level will have several possibly relevant settings....

You may also have to go into Control Panel/Default Programs/Associate a file type blah, blah....

Also, what behavior do you get when you try on a Moz browser?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts