1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

IE8-64bit - how to get a 32bit back to work flash?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by netrunner, Dec 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. netrunner

netrunner Thread Starter

Question: how do I fix the following Errors and down load or get the computer to download Flashplayer?
    AC-3100 0x84008503, and a second one when I tried to download flash. telling me I had a corrupted 32-bit something
    What I think caused it:
    Ok so a while ago I tried IE9-beta and then uninstalled it which led to the IE8-64bit taking over. I now can not access anything that needs Flash player. I also can not access AOL9.5 which for a few days was allowing me to access those programs that needed flashplayer.
    What I tried:
    Now I have tried to download Aol9.6 and google chrome and firefox to use something other than IE and while I now have Aol,and firefox loaded neither one can find my wireless modem even though I can have it running on IE at the time. I have run spywaredr and Adaware (before I removed it). All of this seemed to start when my Norton subscription ran out. I also tried a cmd: winsosh refresh.(n)

My system:Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium , 64 bit
    Processor: Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU T4200 @ 2.00GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 3999 Mb
    Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family, 1807 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 225894 MB, Free - 156981 MB; D: Total - 12575 MB, Free - 2003 MB;
    Motherboard: Wistron, 3612, 09.66, 2CE9242FMN
    Antivirus: Spyware Doctor with AntiVirus, Updated and Enabled

Please help... can not afford to bring it somewhere to have it fixed and need it for work. I teach 7th grade.:D

2. wicked.ludicrous

wicked.ludicrous

Is this a new laptop? Have you had Flash working previously?
    If Flash is already installed, which it doesn't seem like, then uninstall it.
    Then try downloading and installing the Flash Player from here:
    http://www.filehippo.com/download_flashplayer_ie/
    That's Flash just for IE.
    Hope it works

3. netrunner

netrunner Thread Starter

the laptop is 1 year old... Also I got Flashplayer "square" to download just a few minutes ago.. it says it is a preview of the 64bit version ... fingers crossed it stays working. still working on other issues.:)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/969693

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice