1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

IE8 and Ancestrys Enhanced viewer

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by SidSilverSurfer, Jan 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SidSilverSurfer

SidSilverSurfer Thread Starter

I have two new systems bought during 2010. HP Laptop and HP PC both with Windows 7 Home Prem and IE8. They are set up very much alike.

On my laptop I have been able to download and install Ancestrys enhanced viewer (it enables you to view Census images etc. in more detail than their ordinary viewer..) but no matter how I try, it will not install on my newer PC.

I have tried taking a note of the exact settings on my laptop via Tools / Internet Options / Security etc. but so far have been unable to get it to work. I have unticked the "enable Protected Mode" which I believe allows it to work on my laptop but this has not had the same affect on my PC.

It downloads Ok supposedly and goes through the installation process but when you then go back into Ancestry, it tells me that I do not have the Enhanced viewer installed.

Is there any way of transferring appropriate settings from my Laptop to my PC????

Any suggestions gratefully accepted folks.

Will even be happy to do a census lookup for you should your help enable me to view it with the enhanced Viewer.......

SSS

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/972240

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice