1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

IE8 or Yahoo??

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by charismatic, Apr 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. charismatic

charismatic Thread Starter

I am unable to follow links in Email (Outlook Express) messages. Neither can I use my Yahoo mail Desktop icon. the effect is to go to a page in IE8 which remains Blank but shows the "connecting" icon. There is no message bottom left of screen i.e waiting for whatever URL I was supposed to be linking to. I installed IE8 only a couple of days ago upgraded from IE7 although this could be a coincidence. I have tried disabling the Internet Security firewall which makes no difference. I would appreciate any help to get rid of this annoying fault. Thanks charismatic

2. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

Is Internet Explorer set as your Default browser?

Click Tools > Internet Options > Programs tab.

3. DrP

DrP

Just curious - why upgrade to IE8 when it's already old? IE9 has been out for a while and you'll get a much better browser.

4. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

If charismatic is running Windows XP, IE9 is only available for Windows 7 and Vista.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1049977