1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

IE8/Windows 7 64 - a script on this page is causing your web browser to run slowly

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by BooBoo2011, Apr 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. BooBoo2011

BooBoo2011 Thread Starter

I just started receiving this error when I access Facebook. I do not get this error on any other website, except for Facebook. I do use the secure facebook option, which means my URL starts with https. I do not receive this error in FireFox or Chrome, only in IE8 and only on Facebook.

This just started one (1) day ago and prior to that, no problems. I would receive that every so often, but it was rare.

I have cleared cache and cookies but that did not resolve the problem.

I did some research and from what I have been able to determine, it may have to do with Java Plug-In 2 SSV Helper. However, I went to Java website and ran the tester and it could not detect any problems. In addition, I ran CCCleaner and while it detected some registry problems, it did not detect anything with Java.

I receive this error from simply accessing my page in Facebook. I did start receiving this error when playing Farm Town, which is an Adobe Flash game but now, everytime I access Facebook, I get this error.

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

2. Ladytron

Ladytron

Ignore this...

3. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

4. BooBoo2011

I checked for those being blocked and they were not listed in IE8. I only use Microsoft Security Essentials, CCCleaner, SuperAntiSpyware, and Adware for security purposes. In addition, I use Windows Firewall.

Interestingly enough, it is not appearing now. I am wondering if slow internet connection could cause this problem? The only thing I did after posting was to clear cache, not perserving favorites, rebooted, and it has disappeared for now. However, I have bookmarked this thread and if it happens again, I will use those links.

Thanks!!!

5. Phantom010

Let's hope the problem's fixed. :)

6. BooBoo2011

Thanks for the response...

7. Phantom010

Another thing you could try is adding static.ak.fbcdn.net to your Internet Explorer Trusted sites.

Click Tools > Internet Options > Security > Trustes sites > Sites.

Add static.ak.fbcdn.net.

Since you're using the secured Facebook (HTTPS), if you wish, you can add a check to the "Require server verification (https:) for all sites in this zone" box.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1050354