1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

IE9 Add ons displaying registry like entry

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Webcrawler, Feb 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Webcrawler

Webcrawler Thread Starter

I have a problem with an add on in IE9 which is appearing only as a registry value as follows:

{3AD14F0C-ED16-4E43-B6D8-661B03F6A1EF}

It is appearing in the "Not Available" section under the toolbars and extensions section.

I am able to enable and disable the add on but there's no option to remove it from the list and I am wondering how to do so.
    If I right click the add on and select the more information option it's from an unknown publisher and has an unknown version and also under the more information window it says not available for file and folder (this means that it has been deleted from the system right?)

I have done a little research which suggests that it is related to Pokerstars. Therefore I uninstalled Pokerstars from my system to see if the entry would be deleted but to no avail. I have also looked up the value in the registry itself and was wondering whether I can simply delete the value in the hope that it will not then list in the toolbars and extensions section off add ons.

I am about to run chkdsk and sfc /scannow but failing that could anyone please provide me with some instruction on how to remove this annoying anomaly.

Ty in advance

2. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

1- Please click HERE to download HijackThis.

2- Run the program.

3- Click on the Main Menu button if not already there.

4- Select Do a system scan and save a logfile.

5- Copy and paste the scan log from Notepad into your next reply. Do not attach it.

6- Do not "Fix" anything unless advised to do so.

For Windows 7 and Vista:

If Windows is denying access to the Hosts file, run HijackThis as Administrator or disable the UAC first.

3. Webcrawler

Webcrawler Thread Starter

OK - first of all Ty for the response

I am sorry that I may have wasted your time because I have posted only one other thread at this forum. I explained there that I am using an IPad to post my questions and am unable to download the required program/s to generate the requested log files as I currently have no Internet connection for my Win 7 system available to me.

I thought there may have been an easy fix but that never seems to be the case.

I will post back when I establish an Internet connection.

4. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

Use your working computer to download the program. Save it to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the faulty computer and save the program to your hard drive before running it.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1088509

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice