1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

IE9 cutting down Flash site

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by waynebebay, Jan 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. waynebebay

waynebebay Thread Starter

I know it's a weird concept but I have been fed up with trying to make this work. I am developing, from a template off of Template Monster, a website for my sister's boss. It all works out fine and dandy UNTIL I try to view the website in IE9. It works in IE8 and it drives me crazy!!! It seems as though the movie is cut into a 15% viewable sliver BUT if you zoom in it can fix it, unacceptable though.

If you still have no idea what I mean, you can see it for yourself:

http://www.mgmsignaturerentals.com/test/test/index.html

I have been trying 'googled' fixes here and there and I just can't seem to figure it out. Please, someone lay my torment to rest!!! Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Very Respectfully,
    Shane

Attached Files:

2. JiminSA

JiminSA

First Name:
    Jim
    Hi and welcome to TSG, waynebebay:) This looks more like a server problem than IE9, methinks. When I eventually got the right link I noted the exceptionally long time your FlashPlayer .swf (or whatever) took to load - more especially on my 3rd world server. So much time that I cancelled it. Perhaps you might want to reduce the size of your flash file (maybe splitting into interior and exterior images or something like that?) and see if it makes a difference to your IE9 rendering?

3. waynebebay

waynebebay Thread Starter

Thank you :)

As I do see your concerns for loading times and file sizes, the issue will still present itself in this fashion and, even, the team at Template Monster is having a difficult time assisting me. It may be the domain but it seems a bit far fetched to place all blame on the domain when the only issue presented is in IE9. The website is a perfection in IE8 so I can't really say for sure. The site still does work for SOME people in IE9 but doesn't for the majority, it's killing me how no one can figure this out.

I, personally, think that it's a sizing issue because if you open the website and zoom in you can get it to an appropriate size.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1083558

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice