1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

IE9 & MS Access 2010 issue with tabs

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by lee_1133, Jun 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lee_1133

lee_1133 Thread Starter

Hi,

I have a database built in MS Access 2010 which I have hosted in the cloud to run parts of my business.
    One of the features built into the database is the ability for Access to open up IE9 so that the page shown is related to the data I am looking at in the database form.
    For example looking at product A in MS Access opens product A on our website via IE9.

The problem we have though is that when we move to the next record in Access we want IE9 to refresh the current open tab to show the current product being looked at on Access however it opens a new window every time instead. We have checked the "Tabs" settings in internet options and they are definitely set correctly (to open in same tab) but still IE9 opens a new window every time?

Our web based server is running windows 2007 enterprise edition

Anyone have any ideas?

Lee.

2. lee_1133

lee_1133 Thread Starter

some more info, we disabled tabbed browsing and what happens is a new IE window is opened every time we switch to a new record is MS Access. Surely there is a way to make sure that when we look at a new record IE can just refresh the current OPEN window (no tabs, no new window).

3. OBP

OBP Trusted Advisor

As this is more of an IE9 problem than an Access one perhaps you could ask a Moderator to transfer it to the Web & email Forum.
    Or possibly ask the question on there about EI9 tabbing etc.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1059151