1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

iepeers.dll

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by Dizzy Blonde, Jan 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Dizzy Blonde

Dizzy Blonde Thread Starter

Hi

While cleaning out my Temp Folder, I came across iepeers.dll. :confused:

What is it doing in my Temp folder? I did a google search on it and found the following info: It is a needed part of Internet Explorer~~description: Internet Explorer Peer Objects.

Location in my Temp folder: C:/temp/windows/system
    The original file name: iepeers.dll

I am a fairly new user and have no clue what to do with this file. Normally, I delete files in Temp folder after a few days. This file just now showed up in (Temp Folder) in the last few days and shows it was modified on 2/18/05. Wonder why it never showed up in my Temp Folder before????:confused:

I have no idea what to do with this file, but it doesn't seem like one that should be deleted.:eek: Help appreciated!! Thanks!

Dizzy Blonde:)
    Use Me IE 6 SP1

2. dr20

dr20

Hi if it's in your temp folder you should be able to safely delete it. That file should be located in the System folder for Windows 98, just to be on the safe side before trashing it from temp check to make sure it's in the other one.

3. Dizzy Blonde

Hi dr20

My Os is Win Me. I checked in my Windows System folder, and iepeers.dll is there. Actually, there are two of them~~both are exactly the same. SOooo, I will delete the one in my Temp folder and keep my fingers crossed. Actually, it will be in my Recycle Bin if I should have a problem and need to recover it.

Many thanks!!

4. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    EVERYTHING inside of

C:\TEMP\

C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\

is safe to delete.(y)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5. dr20

dr20

No problem, I saw you were in ME afterwards. I get a lot of strange files in my temp folder too but find they're mostly related to Winamp for some reason because they won't delete until Winamp is closed. It's possible that's how iepeers.dll got in yours, another program may have been temporarily accessing it.

6. Dizzy Blonde

Thanks flavallee!! That's good to know!!

7. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    You're welcome.:)

It should be a regular part of your computer maintenance so you can prevent the buildup of temp files.(y)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/435779

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice