iexplore.exe high CPU usage is crippling my machine

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Atkinson905

Hi there,

My wife's laptop works fine until we start up Internet Explorer, then it just freezes. I am able to get Taskmanager open and see that CPU usage spikes to more than 90% when I run it and subsequently drops down to a reasonable number once I kill it.

I've run Malwarebytes and have AVG both show no problems. I've even disabled both to ensure they aren't the source of my problem and they are not. It's directly tied to use of iexplore.exe.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Basic, Service Pack 2, 32 bit
Processor: Genuine Intel(R) CPU 575 @ 2.00GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 13
Processor Count: 1
RAM: 3031 Mb
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family, 1292 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 141125 MB, Free - 15342 MB; Q: Total - 9999 MB, Free - 4509 MB; S: Total - 1498 MB, Free - 682 MB;
Motherboard: LENOVO, KIWDX
Antivirus: avast! Antivirus, Updated and Enabled

I did a diskclean-up without any impact so any advice is appreciated.

Atkinson905

I was fully expecting a long reply full of jargon and complex commands so when I saw you reply I was thinkg "Yah, right" but now the resonse is "Yah! Right!" :) Don't know what it did but it seems to have fixed the mystery and my wife will once again believe I walk on water (it is winter here). chuckles

Thanks Terry(y)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online