1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

iexplorer infected, plz helpp : It keep asking do you want to save or open this file

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by tharshan, Apr 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tharshan

tharshan Thread Starter

Hi,
    Whenever I open the InternetExplorer it shows this message "It keep asking do you want to save or open this file "

When i try to click open nothing happens.. sometimes browser loads but Im not able to browse any websites.

Im using Internetexplorer 6 in XP.

I cant download any fix or updates because Firefox also not working now.
    When i open firefox browser nothing happens !

User account control panel also not working !

Any helps to quick fix internet explorer ? so i can get update or fix... thanks..
    Plz help.. its urgent !!

2. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

Are you having trouble opening any other programs or applications on your computer?

3. tharshan

tharshan Thread Starter

Yes some other exe also infected.. it says mostly "Win32"
    So i need to re-format and install a clean version of windows xp soon.. but is there any fix for Iexplorer for now ? because i have some works.

Thanks for the reply.
    (Im posting this thread from another PC)

4. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

Try this fix: EXEFIX

Save the .reg file to your desktop. Double-click it to merge it to the registry.

Reboot.

If the fix only opens as a text file, right-click it and select Open With > Choose Program... Then, select the Registry Editor.

If the Registry Editor is not in the list, browse to C:\WINDOWS and select regedit.

Then,

Please click here to download and install version 2.0.2 of the HijackThis Installer.

Run it and select Do a system scan and save a logfile.

The log will be saved in Notepad. Copy and paste the log in your next post.

Do not fix anything

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/916594

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice