1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

If Christ came back:

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by plschwartz, Jan 25, 2003.

Advertisement
  1. plschwartz

plschwartz Thread Starter

If Christ came back would he be a Christian?
    Would he be a fundimentalist?
    Would he support evolution or creationism?

(after Jay Leno) if christ came back and owned a car, what would he have on his dashboard?

2. pyritechips

pyritechips Gone but Never Forgotten

First Name:
    Jim
    A Happy Meal toy and 5 cents off gas coupons?

3. valley

valley

When Christ comes back, it will not be the same as the first time, when He was here as a humble servant. He will come with a sword on a white horse, as the conquering Messiah, according to the book of Revelation. These issues will be a moot point then.

4. GoneForNow

GoneForNow

Well its okay as long as he cleans up after the horse and doesn't stick anybody in the eye with the sword.

5. pyritechips

pyritechips Gone but Never Forgotten

First Name:
    Jim
    Not meaning to be facetious, and meaning no disrespect to anybody's religion, I'd love to see the movie! Revelations was my favourite book of the Bible.

Many Biblical movies have been made. Many post-Apocalyptic movies have been made. But I can't recall a good Bibical Apocalyptic movie.

The only one I can think of is the mid-80's release starring Demi Moore titled "The Seventh Sign". And yes, I did suspend disbelief and enjoy all the Biblical connotations. And yes, I did cry when...

...never mind! If you haven't seen the movie but want to I won't spoil the ending.

6. valley

valley

Jim. I took forever to reply to the thread earlier, was getting supper in the middle of it...you posted during that time so when I hit "send" I had not even seen your post yet. My reply is what I believe to be true.......but it was not meant to come across as any kind of rebuke to anyone's lighthearted replies. :)

There is a movie out called "Left Behind" starring Kirk Cameron. (the movie isnt as good as the book....they never are)It is based on the "Left Behind" book series by LaHayle and Jenkins. The books are all based on the playing out of the rapture and tribulation in the book of Revelations. It is some pretty intense stuff but the biblical references in the books are dead on accurate and you get an idea of what the rapture and 7 year tribulation "might" be like when it comes to pass. I know many people who do not share my beliefs that love them and a few people have actually been freaked out when they realize that the story of how the tribulation is played out is taken directly from the book of Revelation.

good! I never saw that one.

7. $teve

$teve

IF CHRIST CAME BACK........
    ......he would maybe say............."i thought that "bush" got burned in an earlier episode"???

:rolleyes:

8. Wino

Wino

Be careful making burning bush jokes - some guy in Washington St. or Oregon is in federal prison now for making a joke along those lines!

Hate to be a bearer of bad news, but J.C. has returned already and, according to Mulder & others, is President of the USA.:D

9. eggplant43

eggplant43 A True Heart and Soul - Gone But Never Forgotten

JC has come back, but no one has recognized her, because she is a homeless black woman with scabbies.

10. Mulderator

Mulderator

. . . there is Mulder! ;)

11. combsdon

combsdon

12. Moby

Moby

My believing friend tells me that he's definately coming back. This time though he will have better tricks. Wine into water? Feeding thousands with some bread and a fish or five? Oh no!
    This time there will be no grey areas. This time he will destroy things and/or people. This time there will be no argument or debate and no clarification will be required.
    If he'd just done that in the first place though it would have saved an awfull lot of time.

13. combsdon

combsdon

ya but we didn't listen after the first trip....why would he wanna waste a second.....;)

14. Moby

Moby

You have to do something twice to eliminate grey areas. Or do twice as much in the first place. Same result. ;)

15. Jonesiegirl

Jonesiegirl Guest

Hrmmm Val ... we need to visit ... I'm under the impression that when He comes back, the dead in Christ shall rise first...(does this mean the "spiritually dead?), of that, I'm not clear. Scripture states (shaddup Mulder :)) that there is ONE death, ONE burial, ONE ressurrection. Meaning, how could there be a "Rapture" wherein some stay here for the *ahem* tribulation, while others go on to the Kingdom? On this point, I'm not clear either. Scripture states again, that ALL knees shall bow on judgement day...some to the right hand of God...others to the left. BUT, if some are left here, and some are in Heaven, how can it be?? It can't! Oh brother, this isn't EVEN coming out like I want it to... anyway... I'm gonna dodge any incoming bullets on this matter. I disagree with a fire hell brimstone aftermath (tribulation) ... We will ALL see the HELL on earth, before HE returns. (If it's in our lifetime, and I personally think it's knockin' on the door)...

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/115282

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice