1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

If I bend back a few pins of processor it works again right?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by SpencerBarton, Jul 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpencerBarton

SpencerBarton Thread Starter

Hi! I have a AMD Ryzen with extending pins like any other AMD, and I accidentally dropped it very lightly on my table and from what I can see very very few pins bent just slightly. Then I bent them back very carefully with a small pare of tweezers and it appears to be bent back perfectly in place. The processor hasn't touched anything with any sort of electricity. Will the processor work just as well after this or am I screwed? Thanks!

-Spencer

2. Johnny b

Johnny b

First Name:
    John
    If it still mounts properly, you're probably OK, but it's a good idea to do a Prime 95 stress test and a Memtest86+ test just to be sure.

BTW, bent pins can be more easily straightened out using a mechanical lead pencil with the lead removed. Simply slide the pencil over the pin and gently straighten.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!