1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

if i have mircrsoft works can i install microsoft work

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by grammyjean6, Jan 31, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. grammyjean6

grammyjean6 Thread Starter

I have microsoft works, and i want to install microsoft word, I cannot get the right format in microsoft works. When i email to people they cannot open it. If i use a floppy from microsoft word and open it in microsoft works the format is not the dame

2. brianF

brianF

Yes, you can have both applications installed.

3. grammyjean6

I tried to install miscroft word and it would not install. the modem did not read it.

4. brianF

brianF

huh?? please explain on you tried to install it.

Microsoft word is a program that needs to be purchased from microsoft. The software loads from a cd.

Are you trying to download and view a microsoft word document, if so you can get a viewer from microsoft. It will let you open the document and read it, but that's about it.

you can download viewers for word97 or word2000 here on the bottom of the page

http://office.microsoft.com/downloads/9798/wdvw9716.aspx

5. grammyjean6

Yes, i have the program mircosoft office, it let me install microsoft excel but not word, it read about 5% and then just stopped. i also tried to us windows 95 and the same thing happened, i have me windows. I am really lost

6. brianF

brianF

I am not going to be much help.

Only thing I can say is do a clean boot, disable any programs running the background especially anti virus and try again.

Hopefully someone with word experience can help

Only time I have had trouble like you mention was a bad cd.

7. grammyjean6

Thanks, I will try that hopefully that will work.

8. Mosaic1

Mosaic1

My Office CD is old and so I have copied it to another partition on my Hard Drive. I can install from there.

9. grammyjean6

I'm not really sure what i need to do to do that. I am not really good with compters. Do you mind explaining it to me? Thanks

10. Mosaic1

Mosaic1

This is going to be a very large folder. The thing about Office is this. It insists you uninstall from the same location you installed. So you are going to need to keep this folder where it is or remember to copy the CD again to a folder of the same name in the same location you going to use now. Or else you won't be able to uninstall it. or do a repair later if need be.

Create a New Folder and name it Office97.

Put the Office CD in the Drive and when the install screen appears, close it.
    Open My Computer and find the icon for the CD. Right click on it and choose open. Go to the toolbar>edit>select all and then click copy on that same toolbar.
    Go to the Office97 Folder you created, right click in the window and choose paste. It will take a few minutes to copy.

Run setup from there and see if it works any better.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/67236

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice