1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

If I move my hard drive to a different laptop will it move everything I need?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by nangar, Jul 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. nangar

nangar Thread Starter

I dropped my laptop and the screen broke (at least that is the obvious damage). I was quoted about $800 to repair and replace it.

I don't want to buy a new different one right now for several reasons. Is it possible to just buy an identical used computer and switch hard drives (assuming the used one is in working order)?

I have a Gateway Solo 5300 with Win98SE, Office XP, and several other registered programs.

Thanks

2. CouchMaster

CouchMaster

Yeah, that will probably work! You might have to DL a driver or two but Win98 moves pretty good from computer to computer...

3. nangar

nangar Thread Starter

I guess I'll go shopping now.

4. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

If you don't want to buy a different laptop, you'll have to look on eBay or maybe a local used computer store to find a laptop like the one you have.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/378066

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice