1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

If System Configuration Utility doesn't run at startup, can I run it later?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by helpseeker, Apr 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. helpseeker

helpseeker Thread Starter

Dell Optiplex running WinXP Pro from a reinstallation, not OEM

At startup I always get a window telling me I have "used the System Configuration Utility to make changes to the way Windows starts", which is totally untrue.

It then offers me a box to check to "Don't show this message or launch the System Configuration Utility when Windows starts". I haven't checked the box (yet) because I'm afraid I won't be able to ever launch the Utility. So my question is: if I check the box to keep ity from launching at startup, will I be able to run it later run/msconfig?

2. tinkthelizard

tinkthelizard

yes you can check the box so that this doesnt show on startup all the time and you can run msconfig at any time via the run option in your start menu.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/562801

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice