If you believe in prayer

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Flrman1

Pray for our president. This was sent to me in an email from my Aunt. This is for those who believe in the power of prayer.

Max Lucado is a Christian author who is very popular for his many
wonderful books about the Lord. This week, Max was invited (along with
several other famous preachers) to have lunch at the White House with
President Bush.

Their meeting took place on Thursday and Max shared with friends this morning how it had gone. As the ministers sat down to lunch and waited for President Bush to appear, Max said that he was expecting G.W. to walk in the room looking tired, serious, and depressed.

When the President came in, Max said he looked totally the opposite of
tired: he was energetic, joyful, and very focused on his talk with the
ministers. Max asked President Bush how he could seem so calm and
peaceful in the midst of all the tragedy.

The President's reply was, "I'm feeling stronger now than I've ever been
in my life. And the reason is because every person in America is praying
for me. When I stay on my knees, that's when I have power."

The ministers then asked the President how he would like them to pray for
him, and how their congregations back home should be praying. Mr. Bush
asked, first, for clarity of mind so that he could make wise decisions,
and then he asked that we pray specifically for his wife and two
daughters, as he is very concerned about their safety.

I knew that you would be as encouraged as I was to hear about this
meeting. We must thank God that we have a President who loves and fears
the Lord. No human leader is perfect, but God is perfect, so let's keep
President Bush lifted up in prayer before the Father.

PASS THIS ON TO EVERY CHRISTIAN THAT YOU KNOW AROUND THE WORLD...OUR GOD
IS AN AWESOME GOD AND REIGNS OVER HEAVEN AND EARTH!

"For I am the Lord, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says
to you, Do not fear; I will help you". (Isaiah 41:13)

Thank you so much for the story about praying for are president.

I will send a copy to my brother who is a minister.

Just where in the Gospels does Jesus suggest that it is righteous to stage a premptive first strike?? Is that like turning the other cheek?
Please stick to what Jesus said, unless you have problems with that.

Stoner

Banned
Mr. Bush and associates are wealthy enough.
I pray his leadership does not lead us to our doom.

Flrman1

This thread is not a debate. It is a simple request for those who believe in prayer to pray for our president.

angelize56

Always remembered in our hearts
It's a nice article firman and I already pray for our president. But my prayers are also focused on my son...I am as worried for his safety as President Bush is for his children's safety. So he and his family will be included in my prayers as is the safety of our nation and our entire world. War, when it comes (I don't think it's a matter of <b>if</b> it comes anymore) will cause a trickle down effect and EVERYONE world wide will suffer the backlash. I pray President Bush is guided by a higher authority...God....in his decision making. Maybe if enough people pray for peace.....take care. angel :)

P.S.-I know there are plenty of us believers out there firman. :) Thank you for this thread to express that.

T

Tuppence2

. And the reason is because every person in America is praying
This is, surely, a generalisation, and self-deluding.

Firman, this may not be a debate, but all threads are open to input from every one.

Penny

angelize56

<b>This is for those who believe in the power of prayer</b>.
Penny: I think firman clearly stated the purpose of this thread with the above. :) I didn't take that to mean he was opening a debate. Take care. angel

P.S.-No hard feelings! :)

T

Tuppence2

Of course not Angel - It will be a good thing for you to have a religious believers'/prayer thread where you can all get together and make friends, without us irritating you with our little ways.

You take care, talk to you soon.

Byeee
Penny

angelize56

Penny: You don't irritate me. Read my pm. Take care. angel :)

flrmn1
Either you have the gall of a racoon or are as thick as an ox. This is the second time you have thrown somthing out in the face of many of us and then pretend it was all a mistake. I don't believ that. You were for years by your account a successful junkie. If you had been that dense on the streets you would be dead. What I do think is that you are still a very angry dude.
Instead of some sh*t wouldn't melt in your mouth sly answer, give us a real apology. Others think maybe you hit bottom and found Jesus. From what you have shown IMHO,I don't see bottom and I don't feel Jesus

deh

I ain't stickin up for noone and I really don't care but damn plscwhwartz you don't sound too happy yourself. Is it that f'n important that you plug your opinion on every thread? Do you lose sleep because someone you don't know believes in God?

Sometimes it's best to let stuff slide unless of course online is your only life and you can't get it out any other way.

angelize56

I against my better judgement, feel the need to reply to PL. WHERE exactly did firman get your goat in this thread???? I have reread EVERY line he has written and see not one reason for you to have lashed out so NASTILY to him. angel

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
And now I'm monitoring as well......I don't see anything in the initial post (or for that matter, the second post from the thread starter) that should have created such responses from PL, as it states clearly it was an email received. I receive many emails....some I choose to pass on, some I choose to delete. If I'm missing something here, PL, please enlighten me........otherwise, accept this as a warning of your behavior....and I'm not in a good mood today ;)

deh

Yeah Acacandy i was going to follow up because it could be something said elsewhere to where he or both harbor some sort of resentment. Something "behind the scenes" if this is the case maybe it would be understandable, if not then my statement stands.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online