iframe or equal...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jb123

on my site i have a link i use for users to view tax records in my county and i would like to have the users not leave my site,so i used an iframe,but im havin an issue after agreeing to their usage terms,users cannot access the site or it doesnt redirect to the corresponding/next page,as in enter here and i cant bypass it because it will auto redirect. any suggestions WITHOUT using a new page or opening in a new window ??

www.townhousesandvillas.com/taxrecords.html

oh and take it easy on me...im new

I have to brainstorm this one. iFrame has limitations, and I'm trying to remember if running Javascript is one of them.

Without quite thinking it through yet, gut instinct is that you're running an iFrame, loading in that iFrame initially is an html coded page, but after pushing "agree" you are redirected to a DHTML page running Javascript for the tax records search.

I just made myself dizzy.

What exactly do you get as a "corresponding/next page"? An error? A blank page?

~BB

jb123

the link will take you there.......but it just stays where it is.....just reloads...doesnt like the accept button or wont forward where its intended to .i used the same iframe with other urls with no problem....its just the "accept" feature on their that blocks users out,when installed in iframe

jb123

again,i could just use a ..."open in new window " code,but would rather not...if possible,just need to figger it out

jb123

ok...ive been wrestling for a week with this....trying to pass the accept button,disabled my firewalls, lowered security settings
...after hitting the accept a half a dozen times now it goes there....maybe it wasnt a problem after all,maybe just my settings,but i should have the same problem using the site without being in an iframe....and never have an issue with it as i use it regularly for work. strange......

sure can access the site, search, returning results etc...
because the cookie has been set no doubt.

im still exploring their code, but i think you're going to need someone more experienced in javascript and cookie handling to assist you. maybe one will come along =)

~BB

jb, all i can tell you is i just accessed your page on two pc's and one mac without any difficulties.

the bad news is you seriously need to beta test your website on mac platform (if you have mac users using it), as that is the only page that properly displays. your home page is nothing but a list of links down the center of the page and the other pages are skewed all over the place. most of your images do not display.

~BB

jb123

well....both of my comps must have some screwed settings if im blocked and not you or others......

im new to design and have never touched a mac....how can i beta test it ???

you'd need a mac to beta test it on a mac ;-) perhaps you know someone that has one? i usually send out an email asking a few wonderful friends to test the site on their system and give feedback, but that means your friends need to know what they are looking at for the most part.

i mean no offense when i say this, but i really don't wish to spend my time trying to figure out dreamweaver and frontpage code, as i'm just not a fan of automated coding software. exactly for this reason.

i'm sure someone will come along to help you out. have you considered (since this is obviously a business endeavor) getting someone to program your website for you? what you are trying to achieve is a pretty straighforward job, and a professional developer would have the capability to test on different platforms and browsers.

and btw- is your homepage supposed to have a huge white space above your photo with all the info crammed at the bottom? (i thought maybe you were reserving it for a picture?)

i'm sorry i can't be of more assistance.

~BB

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online