IFrame Problems

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

iworld

I have a page index.shtml, and there is an iframe in that page. The iframe is called downloadiframe. Now I have a button in my forums that I want to link to my downloads page.

Here's My problem. When you click the "download" button on my page, you go into my downloads page. But I want it to open index.shtml with the downloads page in the iframe, downloadsiframe. How do I do this?

Here ya go:
HTML:
<html>
<script language="javascript">
<!--hide
function go()
{
parent.downloadiframe.location="http://www.google.com";
}
//-->
</script>
<body>
<p>When you click this button, http://www.google.com will load in the iframe "downloadiframe".</p>
<form>
<input type="button" value="foo" onClick="javascript:go()">
</form>
<hr>
<iframe name="downloadiframe" src="about:blank">
</body>
</html>

iworld

brendandonhu said:
Add target="downloadiframe" to the link.
dude, that wont work. that will only work if it was on my index.shtml. My forums are on a separate page... I probably didn't say that so clearly. My bad.

iworld

I know this is crazy confusing to say. I'll try harder. I have two pages. Index.shtml, and my forums. if you go to www.ipage.tk; you will see that I have buttons on the left, and an iframe on the right. you press a button, the iframe changes. Now on to my forums. I have buttons on the forums that link to a page in my iframe. Now you open it, and you only see the page that is supposed to go into the iframe. You don’t see my actual site. I want you to be able to see my actual site, and the iframe. Do you now get it?

Alright, I understand.

Okay, I -vaguely- recall being about to specify, php-style, a destination or something like that when browsing to an shtml page, ie index.shtml?frame=blah.htm or something liek that. Try googling around a bit, I'm pretty sure it's possibly -without- PHP, but PHP is what I'd use instead beecause I'm familiar with it.

iworld

I'm not too good at PHP. I looked around google, and gave me nada. That code you showed before... would that work... and ho do I use it... Can you give me instructions. That would be great!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online