1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

igHome, gadgets won't show up

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by tae111, Oct 8, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. tae111

tae111 Thread Starter

I like the igHome homepage and have been using it for a few years. One problem that has plagued this page is that often one or more of the gadgets show up blank. The title is there but the content area is blank. Flash is not the issue and refreshing the page does nothing. For instance today 4 of my gadgets are blank. If you click on the title it takes you to the page it represents so it's not that there is no content available. There was a thread about this awhile ago but no solution was given. I use the Edge browser but if I open it in Chrome right now there are actually 6 gadgets blank.

2. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
  3. tae111

tae111 Thread Starter

I am not using any add blockers. I have googled the issue and found I am not alone. I'm not sure if it is a flaw in the igHome system or if something on the users end can be done to alleviate the issue. So far everything I have read provides no solution.

4. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Other than making sure the Flash is not being blocked, I don't know what else would cause it. Flash is being blocked in 2020 so perhaps they will change their site soon.

5. tae111

tae111 Thread Starter

One of the first things I did was make sure Flash was enabled in Edge. Occasionally even after doing that gadgets like The Weather Channel will still ask you to allow flash. Not exactly sure why that happens but I always select yes. None of the other blank sites do that or have an option to enable flash for them. It's really amazing that Flash will be blocked next year. Thousands of sites will be scrambling for sure. I guess if it ain't broke let's fix it anyway. The igHome site is the only site I have ever had a problem with content not showing up when it should be there. That's why I'm leaning toward it being something on their end.

6. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Flash has been a security risk for some time and now all browsers are going to end support/block it.

I honestly think it's an issue with ighome. I see the same issue.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1233953

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice