1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Ignoring/Blocking a Sender

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Dark Star, Oct 9, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Dark Star

Dark Star Thread Starter

Using OE I know I've seen a setting to Ignore a particular sender or otherwise not receive any e-mail from that source.
    I know (the setting) is somewhere and I can find it...........

My question is once I use the 'Block Sender' option, does the source receive notification of my action or does the action remain 'transparent' to the source?

DS

2. Kento

Kento

All that happens is the emails from the blocked sender get downloaded directly into your deleted items folder. They don't appear in your inbox.

3. Dark Star

Dark Star Thread Starter

Thanx Kento, that's what I needed to know, I can deal with them from there...............although I'd rather not even see them at all.

DS

4. Kento

Kento

Yeah it would be nice if they didn't appear. If you know that the address of the sender is legit (unlike some spam mail addresses) then you may want to try Bounce Spam Mail. It looks interesting. Maybe it'll fool the sender into thinking you changed addresses so they won't bother to send any more emails.

http://www.er.uqam.ca/merlin/fg591543/bsm/

5. Dark Star

Dark Star Thread Starter

Thanx Kento, I bookmarked the site you gave me, for the time being I'll just try to 'block sender'.
    Once again, Thank You.

DS

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/55212

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice