IIS Help Please URGENT!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

true_caucasi

Hi,

I am having a problem with IIS 5 on Windows XP Professional.
When I try to go to http://localhost/ I get a
"Server Application Error"

Now, I have spent the entire day looking for fixes. I have found the exact problem I am having and have done all the suggestions from the Microsoft website. (The problem is that the passwords must be the same in three places. Local Users and Groups, IIS Metabase, and Component Services.) Everything worked fine, and I am only short on one step.
The website tells me to synchronize the Component Services Identities with the IWAM password. (The IWAM in Local Users and in IIS Metabase are the synchd already, all that is left is the Component Services). So I did as the website says using the synchiwam.vbs.

I used the following command line
cscript.exe synchiwam.vbs -v and this is what I get.

--------------------------

Microsoft (R) Windows Script Host Version 5.6
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation 1996-2001. All rights reserved.

IIS Applications Defined:
Name, AppIsolated, Package ID
w3svc, 0, {3D14228C-FBE1-11d0-995D-00C04FD919C1}
ROOT, 2,
IISHelp, 2,
aspupload, 1, {29C66DFC-5014-4EB7-9E34-80353B0122BF}
VOV, 2,

Out of process applications defined:
Count: 2
{3D14228D-FBE1-11d0-995D-00C04FD919C1}
{29C66DFC-5014-4EB7-9E34-80353B0122BF}

Updating Applications:
Name: IIS Out-Of-Process Pooled Applications Key: {3D14228D-FBE1-11D0-995D-00C04
FD919C1}
Name: IIS-{Default Web Site//Root/aspupload} Key: {29C66DFC-5014-4EB7-9E34-80353
B0122BF}
Error: 80110414:
---------------------------

I have looked up on that error, and I am just going in circles. All the help that is available is only up to the point that I am at. No further.
I also tried manually changing the passwords in the Identity tab of each of those in the Component Services, but that does not work either. It says the passwords or username is invalid.

Somebody please help me ASAP. I need to use IIS to make a website. A client is waiting for me.

Basically, I need to know how to change the password of the Component Services. Specifically "IIS Out-Of-Process Pooled Applications" and "IIS-{Default Web Site//Root/aspupload}"

Please.

Thanks.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts