1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

iiyama B2283HS monitor does not display

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by baldude, Sep 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. baldude

baldude Thread Starter

hi,

I have with me a iiyama B2283HS monitor 21.5" or 22".....been having this for two and half years and had been working flawlessly.....i primarily use it as a second screen to connect my laptop or use it to connect wii u....both using HDMI cables.....always worked without any issues....

Since this morning, the monitor just displays that "No signal Found" and goes into sleep mode with orange light on.
    tried to enter the menu by pressing the "Enter" button and the screen is just blank. once after the monitor is turned on, when i hold the input selection button it shows up avilable inputs DVI etc....selected in auto mode....forced it to select HDMI using the navigation buttons and then press Enter button to register my selection....screen goes blank....tried to press the exit button too after selecting HDMI....still goes to blank....

this is literally driving me nuts...
    i just changed the HDMI cable thinking it may have been corrupted somehow......same issues wiht new HDMI cable too.

can anyone please please help me?

thanks,
    Bal.

2. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    If the monitor doesn't work with the laptop and the wii u then it's probably developed a fault.

Can you swap it for an already working monitor on a different computer to test this ?

3. baldude

baldude Thread Starter

It's definitely monitors fault.
    The question is how to fix that....
    I couldn't get to the menu to reset it.
    If there is a key combination that will get me to the menu, then I am sure it will come back to life.
    Monitor itself powers on with no issues.....I'm just missing a trick.. wondering if someone in the know can help.

4. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

While just about anything is repairable, the question is one of cost effectiveness. The cost of a new 22" monitor is all of $93 at the egg with free shipping;
    https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIADM275N9432
    It would cost WAY more than that to have an electronics shop repair your monitor.

5. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
  6. baldude

baldude Thread Starter

Hi
    Thanks for that.
    Tried the input selected to HDMI
    Still the same issue.
    One good thing is until yesterday, the down button was not working but today the down button started to work.... It still doesn't help me.... But I am hoping at some point the menu button will work that lets me reset the settings....

Looks like capacitors need discharging..... Not sure....
    Cannot be arsed to open it up.... Will leave itis disconnected for a week or so....
    In the mean time if anyone have any reconnections, please help.
    Thanks everyone for their inputs so far.

7. baldude

baldude Thread Starter

Update
    My monitor doesn't connect to anything else but my Raspberry Pi....
    Don't understand this at all...
    When connected to RPI all the menu options can be accessed and factory reset the settings like 10 times yet the same issue.
    Any Gurus can throw some light on this strange behaviour?

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1217192

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice