1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Illegal Operation when closing IE browser

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by jennifer_g, Apr 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jennifer_g

jennifer_g Thread Starter

Just today I started getting an Illegal Operation notice when closing my IE browser. I can browse fine, it's just when I close.

I had quite a mess of ad/spyware and a couple trojans which was all cleaned a couple days ago. I used ad-aware, spybot, CWShredder and had someone help me through the hijackthis log. Everything that was deleted or changed was obvious stuff that shouldn't have been there.

The only thing I know of that could still be a problem is something called werule. The only reason I know it's there is my firewall lists it as a program that asks for internet access. I have the box checked to never allow. No scan(virus, hijackthis or ad/spy programs) have picked this up and when I look for the files to manually delete them they aren't there. It might be a non-issue, I'm not sure.

Any ideas on why I get the illegal operation notice?

2. Dingenium

Dingenium

Ideas why you are getting the error: no.

Ideas how to possibly fix it: yes.

You should try to repair your Internet Explorer. Since it is not stated, I will assume it is 5.5 or higher. Either way, go into the Control Panel and into Add/Remove Programs. Find Microsoft Internet Explorer (or "Internet Explorer..."), and click "Add/remove." It will bring up a screen. You select REPAIR, and it reboots.

Hopefully, that should fix it. If not, post back.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/223576

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice