Illegal Operation

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

PETER ALLWRIGHT

EVERY TIME I BOOT UP MY WINDOWS 98 SYTEM I GET THE FOLLOWING MESSAGE.

Iamapp
This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down.
If problems persist contact program vendor

HOW CAN I OVERCOME THIS.

HOPE YOU CAN HELP

Peter Allwright.

Hi Peter, welcome to the board.

I trust that when you select “close” for Iamapp, everything else continues to work. Ctrl+Alt+Del and see what is no longer there that should be.

Do you have a firewall like ATGuard? I think Iamapp.EXE is often part of such programs. Go to Start/Find/Files or folders and do a search for Iamapp. You can probably associate it with a program by location.

Once you have found what application is causing the problem, uninstall then reinstall it. If you are still having the problem replace the program with something that works on your computer.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online