1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

IllumiRoom Turns Your Entire Living Room Into a TV Screen

Discussion in 'Tech-Related News' started by TechSocial, Jan 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TechSocial

TechSocial TSG Facebook/Twitter/Social Media Thread Starter

Microsoft is banking on this with their latest idea, which turns the room around your TV into an extension of it. The product, IllumiRoom, uses a Kinect sensor and a projector to turn your entire room into a screen.

See here

2. Brandon_S

Brandon_S

I saw this and it's definitely going to need some work...Imagine if you are playing a game with others in the same room who are doing other things and IllumiRoom creates this huge distraction. I wonder how they'll get it to work without a lot of extra mess or devices that just get in the way. The only thing I can think of would be a projector of some sort facing towards the tv, but you never know with Microsoft XD They can surprise.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1085386

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice