1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Im a bit confused with Frontpage....

Discussion in 'Software Development' started by puter hater, Oct 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. puter hater

puter hater Thread Starter

I use FrontPage to edit my page. I was playing around with using css.(test pages) Now for some reason I managed to mess things up a bit. I can't fine my regular web page. I can fine the old one with a completely different background but I have changed it since then.
    I can't fine the files under MY WEB. I manage to get it up it even sign on to the server but the files didn't come up.. So I am confused. What did I do and where is my files to the web site I use?
    puter hater

2. bassetman

bassetman Moderator (deceased) - Gone but never forgotten

Hate to say it, but there are reasons many of us won't touch FrontPage.
    Sorry I can't hlpe. :(

3. lora_3677

lora_3677

couple questions:
    what version of frontpage?

how did you set it up originally in frontpage?? you should have done like a network place

try looking in my network places and see if there is a network place named after your site (you should have set one up it you imported pages or uploaded pages or created a MY WEB)

4. puter hater

puter hater Thread Starter

Front Page 2002
    I did accidently fine the page that way earlier this morning.
    But I didn't get the files that went with it . I went back after reading your post and tried again and the files did come with it.. Computers they make me nuts!
    Thank you
    bassetman you have something better for a person who doesn't want to do everything by hand? A person who is a beginner at html and web page design?

5. bassetman

bassetman Moderator (deceased) - Gone but never forgotten

Well, I would recommend that you go to someplace like www.webmonkey.com and try their tutorials (from search in corner enter HTML) and learn the basics.
    Once you know basically what is happening you have a lot available to you, many for free. :D

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/172373

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice