im about to put my foot through my moniter

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

afroman

can someone please tell me how to TOTALY erase my harddrive as if i just took it out of the box and connected it to my mainboard please!?!?1

no matter what i try i simply cannot format nore dlete the partition C:

Go to www.bootdisk.com and download a bootdisk, this one should do

http://www.user-friendly.net/ftp/pub/Boot Disks/boot98.exe

put an empty floppy in your drive, run the exe program to make a start up disk. Once the disk is made restart the machine with the disk in the drive. Once you get to the a prompt type fdisk

Delete your current partitions, recreate your partition, then format the partition, then run xp setup

doesn't matter if the bootdisk is for 98, it will run fdisk from dos

afroman

said non system disk or disk error!
i kinda figured it wouldnt work as u can tell by my last post

Not sure about me, never used it. If the 98 one won't work download the winxp one, boot to the dos prompt
type cd delpart
run delpart.exe and it should allow you to remove the ntfs partition

If you install with fat32 the win98 disk will work, if you installed with ntfs you will have to use the winxp with delpart.exe to delete it

Sorry, never had to delete an ntfs partition yet.

afroman

the startup disk from the site didnt do anything but say remove media and hit any key

the one that i made with xp only lets me do stuff from my floppy drive!

that's fine, from the floppy drive type cd delpart and hit enter.
then type delpart and hit enter.
That utility should allow you to delete the ntfs partition D that you just created.
After that partition is deleted delete anymore partitions you have.
than use fdisk to repartition the drive, then run xp setup from the cd

It should be there I just made the floppy here.

still at the a prompt type Dir

should be a directory named delpart.

type cd delpart
then delpart

Or just copy the delpart.exe file on the floppy out of the directory and onto the a:\directory and run it from there

copy a:\delpart\delpart.exe a:\ and hit enter, then from the a prompt type delpart.exe

Max19

Account Disabled
Did you actually create a bootable disk using the files you downloaded from bootdisk.com or did you just copy the downloaded file to a floppy disk?

afroman

ok im an idiot guys please give me simple step by step instrucions!

thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
You need to save it to, say, your desktop, then double click on the file, you'll be prompted to place a blank floppy in the floppy disk and all files will be transferred to the floppy....then you'll use this to boot with.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online