1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

I'm almost in tears...

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by cdubweb, Nov 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cdubweb

cdubweb Thread Starter

Hello all! Total newb alert i'm afraid! I'm generally quite technically sound of mind, been using computers for many years, and get past most problems pretty easily. I bought a domain recently, with web hosting, from 123-reg, and I am having a total...nightmare...trying to get it 'live'. I am using Dreamweaver to create a basic site, (mainly as a test for now) I have put in my FTP details, and it seems to be 'connecting' to my server properly. All the files on my remote server have been placed in a folder called public_html as I have read on other forums (i think this is right). Whenever I go to 'publish' my page, it looks all good to go, but upon typing in my domain name to a browser, I get taken back to the 123-reg site with some message saying 'this domain name has been bought blah blah'.

This is my basic problem in a nutshell. My main issue is I don't even know what terms etc to search for in forums. What I have just written is basically all I know about the issue. I have been pulling my hair out with this for days and days now. I was up til 2am last night trying to sort it out, and just when I think i've cracked it, and type in my domain name with crossed fingers each time....negatory.

Any help at all shall be rewarded with cake. The cake isn't real, the cake is a lie. I shall however been damned thankful!

Many thanks,

Chris

2. colinsp

colinsp

First Name:
    Colin
    Are you sure you bought hosting? It looks from what you have said you have just bought the domain name. If you have bought hosting then this is a problem for 123 to resolve so raise a support call with them.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1027146

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice