I'm being attacked?!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

b0bby08

Hi,

I have ZoneLab and running Windows 2000 SP4. On my Zonelab log, it keeps blocking a IP address that constantly tries to connect to my comp through port 15000 and 15001. Is this someone trying to hack me? Adware? spyware? a virus?

I have about 300,000 blocked attempts now recorded over the last 2-3 days. Why does this IP try to connect to my comp so much?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

b0bby

b0bby08

Hey there, thanks for the rely.

What would that accomplish other then not viewing the details in the log? Would he still be tryin to constantly connect to my pc? What if I ever have zonelab off? DOes that mean the person from the ip address will get through to my comp?

Thannks
b0bby

Very annoying little program as ive found out (sister uninstalled it just after 1 day of use, then i reinstalled it). It requires a lot of configering and set up. You may need to alter some settings some more.

I think ZL may be identifying an internal process(say svchost) as a ping from outside because of the number of hits you report.

What do you get when you ping the address of the reported attacker?

b0bby08

Hi,

when pinging, it replys back and responds.

On ZL report log, it says they are all incoming connections trying to send TCP/IP Syn packets to my computer. The DNS source is from above.net, which I found out is a fiber optics company that provides cables to many customers connecting to the net.

I'm assuming its some advertising server or w/e its called thats constatnly requests for my ip address.

Not sure...as long as my comp is safe...and if I ever turn off ZL, the person wouldn't be able to dl ne thing on my comp.

Thanks,
b0bby

b0bby08 said:
Hi,

when pinging, it replys back and responds.

On ZL report log, it says they are all incoming connections trying to send TCP/IP Syn packets to my computer. The DNS source is from above.net, which I found out is a fiber optics company that provides cables to many customers connecting to the net.

I'm assuming its some advertising server or w/e its called thats constatnly requests for my ip address.
Can you send them an email asking them to explain their behaviour?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online